Vegan / Vegetarian Facts
- There are 6 times more vegans / vegetarians than coeliacs in the UK.
- There has been a 360% increase in the number of vegans in the UK in the past decade.
- 88% of vegans live in urban/suburban areas.
- 12% of the UK adult population follow a vegan/vegetarian diet.
- 50% of vegans are aged between 15 and 34 years old.
- 542,000 people in the UK follow a vegan and vegetarian diet.
- The UK Meat Free Market in 2014 was valued at £657m, this is a large increase from the value of previous years.
Visit: www.secretrecipes.ie to find out more information.